Sunday, September 20, 2009

OFF TO KIWILAND!

Alright, this is it, folks! I've had a wonderful stay in NY and now Woody and I take the subway to JFK, go through security, and as of 2:35 PM, we will have commenced our first flight. 6 hours to San Francisco + 3 hour layover + 13 hours to Auckland + hour layover + 1.5 hours to Wellington= a long day of travel that, because of passing over the date line, means we never get to be a part of Monday the 21st. Celebrate the Autumnal Equinox for me!

Our first couchsurfing host fell through because of my poor keeping-in-contact skills, but I think we've lined up another last minute. If that too falls through, we're probably headed to Nomad's backpacker (hostel) on Cuba Street (thanks Bonna, for the suggestion!). I still can't really believe we're going so far away for so long so soon, but apparently we are--hopefully a day of travel will help me realize it's a reality!

I'll let you know more once we're on the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment